BKR Future Mapper is a 3-hour short introductory projection mapping workshop.
This is a workshop for anyone who wants to use a projection mapping as a part of your art installation. It will be a great jump-start for your future project.
The instructor goes over step-by-step with the basics of projection mapping technic using the software, MadMapper for both Mac and PC. The students will be able to map their visual contents: video, png, and jpg files to specific 3-dimensional surfaces within the space. They also receive a 30-day full access MadMapper license.
1. What is Projection Mapping
2. How to use MadMpper with your visual contents
3. Make magic: Practice
CHiKA is an Artist and a founder of Mappathon™. She teaches a Projection Mapping and a LED Pixel Mapping in the US, Europe, South America, and Asia.
She was an NYU’s Interactive Telecommunication Program and an Eyebeam Resident, a BRIC Media Art Fellow, Harvestworks Resident, and a Metropolitan Museum Media Lab Researcher, a MANA Contemporary: BSMT New Media Resident and a School of Visual Art Visible Future Lab Resident. She was also selected to be a Triangle Art Association Workshop and Bronx Museum AIM program.
Her work has shown in numerous international venues and festivals, including the Metropolitan Museum, the American Museum of Natural History, the Museum of Art and Design, NY Hall of Science, the Hammer Museum, San Francisco Art Institute, Centre d’Art Contemporain, Museo Regional de Guadalajara, Matadero Madrid, Eyebeam, Harvestworks, and International Biennial Contemporary Art ULA-2010, Mapping Festival, Mutek, Dumbo Art Festival and among others.
Where is Brooklyn Research located?
We are on the 6th floor of the old Pfizer Building, at 630 Flushing Avenue.
NOTE: Weekend and after-hours entrance is through the parking lot entrance at Tompkins and Hopkis. The building is easily accessible from the G train (Flushing Ave station) and from the J/M trains (Flushing Ave station).
What do I need to bring?
1. Bring your computer: madMapper runs on both Mac or PC. The students need a computer with at least 300 Mo of disk space and at least 2 GB RAM and any GPU compatible with OpenGL 3.3 (to get the best of MadMapper we recommend a computer with SSD Drive and a standalone powerful graphic card) If you use a PC, you will need at least Windows 8.1 (please note that a 64 bit version is required) and if you run MadMapper on a Mac you will need at least macOS 10.9.
2. Maintain your baby! Please clean up your computer as much as possible.
3. Bring visual contents: short mov, jpg and png files
How can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
What’s the refund policy?
Purchases are 100% refundable up until 7 days before the event. If you decide you cannot go after the refund deadline, you can transfer your ticket to someone else but you must let us know by email at email@example.com
What is Brooklyn Research?